May 02, 2011

Make-over Monday

Make-over Monday

Ok, I take echinacea and vitamin D and I eat heaps of fruits and veggies. I never touch a grocery cart without wiping it down with an anti-bacterial wipe and I always replace my toothbrush after a cold. I am a finatic about wiping down the keyboard and mouse of the computer. But once again I have managed to get sick. So I am digging back for a make-over this round.

When we moved into our 70's ranch almost 3 years ago it had a tiny livingroom which was separated from a front hall by some waist high walls. The livingroom had navy carpet that showed every bit of shedding pomeranian and lint and the hall had stick on laminate tiles. Last year we pulled it out, 1/2 walls and all, including the baseboards. I found a great great web-site called True Hardwoods http://www.truehardwoods.com/home.html that offered hugely discounted wood floors. Without them I could never have afforded hand scraped, wide planks. The retail price of the flooring was $8.99 and Real Hardwoods price was $4.90. And get this - the cost of shipping was less than what I would have paid in MI state sales tax. What a difference!
Before



During


After


Now if only True Hardwoods sold doors, windows, and crown moulding I would have this room complete.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and really enjoyed reading your posts. I am a Michigan gal myself and would love to know your favorite shopping spots. You have some very lovely items. Stop by my blog if you get a chance.
~Janice

Debra ~ Black Creek Colonial ~ said...

What a beautiful transformation! Love it! Looks awesome! And done on a budget...Woo Hoo!

Arabelle Mccuen said...

It's a bit surprising sometimes when you still get sick after all the sanitizing you do almost everyday. Perhaps bacteria are everywhere, we just have to be really careful and continue to disinfect. Oh yeah, toothbrushes are prone to bacteria according to experts so it's good that you replace them regularly. Don't leave them in your bathroom uncovered, btw.

Anyways, the transformation is beautiful. It looks more elegant and classy.