April 30, 2011

Frugal Friday on Saturday

Frugal Friday
My fabulously frugal finds this week. Unforetunately I was hit with the flu on Friday so this week it's Frugal Friday on Saturday.

My lovely auntie has a beautiful rose garden. Whenever someone she knows is sick or in the hospital during the summer months she brings them a little vase with some of her roses. So, when I come across a good deal on a pretty little vase I pick them up for her. She has MS so getting out to shop is getting harder for her.
.25 cents 

The perfect size basket (.75 cents) to fill with a pot of flowers on my old chair plus a second covered basket (.25 cents)
that looks like it was made to match. They may or may not get painted. The nest on the chair is the robins 3rd attempt to build a nest on my porch light. They got this one mudded before I discovered it.


I have an open back 8x10 frame that I needed a piece of non-glare glass for. And who knows what I might do to the dreary little sampler to make it usable. I've already started picking it apart with a seam ripper.
.50 cents

I have been looking for quite a while for a staight sided, cut glass vessel with pretty design to make some colonial shortbread cookies that I came across while surfing blogs.
$1.99



I thought these little pieces might also make some pretty cookies. I just love this 1st one.
.25 cents
.25 cents

A little copper colored lantern in need of a makeover
.99 cents

And of coarse some more clothing for my wool collection. From the white one down, I got them all cut apart. Everything above still needs pulling apart.
.49 - $1.50 each

4 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

You do find some wonderful treasures Mary! Love your baskets with the chair and nest-perfect vignette!! And just what, pray tell, are you going to do with all that wool??? (Hope you're feeling better!) Smiles & Hugs, Robin

Mary said...

Can't breathe at all. Waiting for the nyquil to kick in, LOL. Just glad it's not yesterdays chills and body aches.
One of these days I am going to actually put my fabric cutter to use and then hook some rugs. Should I find I don't like rug hooking I'll have heaps and mountains of felted wool for sale, LOL.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well but glad that you were able to get out to "thrift"! I love seeing what you found and knowing the price....thrill of the hunt for sure. I am going to check out those cookies you are talking about...bet they are awesome and I am not much of a cookie baker but thinking that I need some of those pieces too...lol--not really. Sandy

Unknown said...

LOL...I have never seen myself called "hrshjunkie93 before!!! I wonder where that came from????? Sandy